BY ORDER OF THE VILLAGE OF SOUTH BARRINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE
2-6-7: Conservancy Park Use Regulations
The following rules and regulations governing the use of conservancy areas have been adopted to further the purpose and goals of the Conservancy Commission, and to insure the appropriate use of the areas for the enjoyment and general welfare of the public while protecting the areas in their natural states.
1. Conservancy areas are open to all, free of charge, from sunrise to sunset.
2. Individuals are welcome for nature study or quiet exploration. Activities which could interfere with quiet observation by other visitors are not allowed, this includes, but is not limited to: loud music or noise; fireworks, active sports such as soccer, baseball, football, etc.
3. Groups in excess of 15 people or events expected to attract more than 15 people must apply for a permit for use of a conservancy area from the Village of South Barrington. The Village of South Barrington may require a cleanup security deposit of $20.00 per person prior to the issuance of a permit. Uses not in keeping of the purpose of conservancy area shall be denied.
4. Plants, flowers, equipment, boulders or rocks, picnic tables, waste containers, trail markers, signs, or any other parts of a conservancy area may not be collected, removed, rearranged, or damaged.
5. Open fires and wood or charcoal barbeques are not permitted without the prior written approval of the Village of South Barrington. Gas barbeques will be permitted at any time.
6. Use of a conservancy area parking lot shall be restricted to use by patrons of the conservancy area only. Overnight parking is prohibited. Violators may be towed pursuant to current Village ordinances and state statutes. Motorized vehicles, except for maintenance equipment or emergency vehicles are restricted to the designated parking area and are otherwise not permitted within the conservancy area. Bicycles are restricted to the paved areas and the designated mowed trails.
7. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in a conservancy area without the prior written approval of the Village of South Barrington.
8. Swimming or wading in ponds is not permitted.
9. Domesticated animals are not permitted in the conservancy area.
1-4-1: General Penalty:
Any person found to have been in violation of any of the terms and provisions of this Code shall be fined in an amount not to exceed Seven Hundred Fifty ($750.00) Dollars. No imprisonment for failure to pay such fine, penalty or cost shall exceed six (6) months for each offense. Each day that a violation continues shall be deemed to be a separate offense.
In addition to the imposition of a fine not to exceed Seven Hundred Fifty ($750.00) Dollars, a penalty imposed for a violation of an ordinance may include, or consist of, a requirement that the Respondent do one or both of the following:
(1) Complete an education program, including, but not limited to educational classes addressing issues associated with the offenses of or related to theft, alcohol or controlled substance abuse or offenses against the person or public order.
(2) Perform some reasonable public service work such as, but not limited to picking up litter in public parks, maintenance of public facilities, volunteer work at nursing homes or homes for the aged, hospitals, or public libraries.
A violation may be established by a preponderance of the evidence. If, by the terms of an ordinance, an act that would be consistent with the criminal laws of the State, is declared to be a misdemeanor, the penalty therefore shall be for a period of incarceration in a penal institution other than the penitentiary not to exceed six (6) months. The matter shall be prosecuted under the rules of criminal procedure of the State, and the Village shall be required to establish guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Village of South Barrington 30 S Barrington Road South Barrington, IL 60010 Village Hall Office Hours: 8 am - 4 pm 847.381.7510 / Fax 847.381.0024 / firstname.lastname@example.org Police Dept Office Hours: 8 am - 4 pm 847.381.7511 / Fax 847.381.0929 / email@example.com